What should I know before I start engagement ring shopping?
After you decide to pop the question, your search for the perfect ring begins. We’d suggest that you consider some answers to the following questions about your loved one before visiting a jewellery store, especially if you want to find a ring that will take her breath away.
- What is her skin tone?
- What is her hair and eye colour?
- What colours does she usually wear?
- What metal colour does she prefer – white, yellow, rose or a mixture?
- What is her finger length – does she have long slender fingers?
- What is her style – for example does she like fine or contemporary jewellery?
- What is her lifestyle – is she sporty, elegant or both?
- Does she like a single-stone solitaire, three stones, or multiple stones?
- Does she want a straight or fitted wedding band?
- You can also consider taking a photo of your bride-to-be along with you – the more information you can provide, the easier it will be to find the perfect ring.
- What is the style of jewellery that she usually wears?
- Has she dropped any hints or tips?
Finding her correct ring size requires a little discretion. Some common tricks are to secretly take a ring she wears now and trace the inside of the ring onto a piece of paper (be sure to make a note of which finger she wears it on). If you are worried about losing the paper, push the ring as far as you can onto your own ring finger and mark the spot where it stops. A jeweller will be able to use your finger to determine her proper size. When all else fails, her mother or best friend may be able to offer some guidance.
“An engagement ring is more than just a piece of jewellery – it is symbol of commitment, love, devotion and happiness. We consider it an honour to help you find the ring she will adore, which is why we take the time to ask you questions about your loved one so you can spoil her with the ring of her dreams. Just in case you don’t get it quite right, we offer a refund or exchange.” – Stephen Dibb