We provide a complete pearl maintenance & repair service. Our services including cleaning, identification & re-stringing as well as repair & restoration of pearl jewellery.
Pearls need to be restrung when there is space and movement between each pearl or if you can see the cord is fraying or thinning. Check your pearls by holding up the strand and if the pearls can move up and down on the thread, it is time to get them re-strung.
If you wear them often, the pearls are large or they are on a necklace or bracelet there maybe be more wear & tear. If in doubt stop wearing your pearls & bring them in to show us & we’ll give you no obligation advice.
The price of re-stringing of pearls starts from $70 and pricing varies depending on length and the amount of knotting required. Our re-stringing includes cleaning & your pearls are insured while in our care.
For information on the care of pearls please go to Pearl Care.
Here are some of the other repairs we can perform:
- Repair of claws that hold in the diamonds or gemstones in. Jewellers call this re-tipping.
- Ring Resizing – invisible & high quality resizing of rings.
- Re-platting white gold – this is call rhodium platting.
- Repair the thinning band of a ring. Jewellers call this re-shanking as they call the band the shank.
- Pearl Re-stringing & Restoration
- Replacement or repair of clasps
- Chain Repairs
- Attachment of charms on a charm bracelets.
- Hinged rings for customers with arthritis & enlarged knuckles.
- Making jewellery easier to put on & take off with larger & easier clasps & earring back.
- Jewellery Cleaning & Polishing that revitalises your old jewellery.
- Engraving & Re-engraving of worn engraving
- Replacing missing diamonds & gemstones
- Re-polishing or re-cutting of gemstones so they can be reused in jewellery remodelling or renovation.