The thinning of the band is caused by wear. In this repair the worn band of the ring is replaced. As master jewellers we carefully match the metal and ring profile and use the best techniques to safe-guard your diamonds, gemstones & setting. This repair starts from $450. The price varies depending many factors including the metal type & width of the band. We will always quote you a fixed price before we get your go ahead for a repair. There will be no add-ons after the fact as our repairs include cleaning, emerying & polishing and insurance so that your precious ring is fully insured while in our care. Jewellers call this repair a re-shank because they call the band a shank.
Here are some of the other repairs we can perform:
- Repair of claws that hold in the diamonds or gemstones in. Jewellers call this re-tipping.
- Ring Resizing – invisible & high quality resizing of rings.
- Re-platting white gold – this is call rhodium platting.
- Repair the thinning band of a ring. Jewellers call this re-shanking as they call the band the shank.
- Pearl Re-stringing & Restoration
- Replacement or repair of clasps
- Chain Repairs
- Attachment of charms on a charm bracelets.
- Hinged rings for customers with arthritis & enlarged knuckles.
- Making jewellery easier to put on & take off with larger & easier clasps & earring back.
- Jewellery Cleaning & Polishing that revitalises your old jewellery.
- Engraving & Re-engraving of worn engraving
- Replacing missing diamonds & gemstones
- Re-polishing or re-cutting of gemstones so they can be reused in jewellery remodelling or renovation.