Our rhodium plating is the highest quality available. It is icy-white and it provides lustre and makes the jewellery more scratch resistant. We always apply a double thickness of rhodium plating. This quality rhodium plating is $90 per ring but is complimentary for all Stephen Dibb Jewellery originals under our After Care Program.
The rhodium plating is a process which gives the white gold its ultra-white colour by placing a coating over the existing metal. How long it last depends on wear for example a white gold ring that you wear everyday on your hand will require rhodium plating sooner than a pendant worn around your neck. The rhodium plating process puts a current through the metal and the rhodium binds to the elements of the jewellery that conduct current (metal not gemstones & diamonds). We use nail polish to isolate the areas we don’t want plated.
Here are some of the other repairs we can perform:
- Repair of claws that hold in the diamonds or gemstones in. Jewellers call this re-tipping.
- Ring Resizing – invisible & high quality resizing of rings.
- Re-plating white gold – this is call rhodium plating.
- Repair the thinning band of a ring. Jewellers call this re-shanking as they call the band the shank.
- Pearl Re-stringing & Restoration
- Replacement or repair of clasps
- Chain Repairs
- Attachment of charms on a charm bracelets.
- Hinged rings for customers with arthritis & enlarged knuckles.
- Making jewellery easier to put on & take off with larger & easier clasps & earring back.
- Jewellery Cleaning & Polishing that revitalises your old jewellery.
- Engraving & Re-engraving of worn engraving
- Replacing missing diamonds & gemstones
- Re-polishing or re-cutting of gemstones so they can be reused in jewellery remodelling or renovation.